Becoming a member means making a commitment to comradery & solidarity. Not only will you help further democratic socialist ideas in the United States, you'll also become part of a community that shares your values.
DSA is a broad, diverse coalition of workers, activists, parents, & students who participate in a variety of ways depending on availability, financial resources, and interests:
- Participate in our local chapter - community chapters are critical to spreading the word about democratic socialism.
- Direct action - strikes, demonstrations, or other public forms of protest to spread our message and achieve our demands.
- Organize around issues including healthcare and environmental justice interests, with fellow members and the broader community.
- Contribute professional skills such as graphic design, social media organizing, editing, writing, event and meeting planning, etc.
- Financial contributions - DSA is funded entirely by dues-paying members. This ensures that DSA members are in full democratic & political control of our organization.