Becoming a member means making a commitment to camaraderie & solidarity. Not only do you help further democratic socialist ideas in the United States, you also become part of a community that shares your values.
DSA is a broad, diverse coalition of workers, activists, parents, & students who participate in a variety of ways depending on availability, financial resources, & interests:
- Participate in our local chapter - community chapters are critical to spreading the word about democratic socialism.
- Direct action - strikes, demonstrations, or other public forms of protest to spread our message and achieve our demands.
- Mobilize around interests with fellow members & the broader community - Currently our members are organizing around the following issues: healthcare; food reclamation and community action; and socialist feminism. As we grow as a local chapter we are looking forward to organizing around tenant's rights, anti-racism, Fight for $15, Indigenous interests, & more.
- Contribute professional skills such as graphic design, social media organizing, editing, writing, etc.
- Financial contributions - DSA is funded entirely by dues-paying members. This ensures that DSA members are in full democratic & political control of our organization.